Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ya, I totally did this......

I grew up living in a city of about 140,000 people. I was in girl scouts, did the camp thing a few times. My mom was not a camper. She dated a guy that had an RV, but that's as close to camping as she ever got. That being said, the woman loved to eat (Like weighing 350lbs loved to eat).

We were poor growing up so snacks were a treat. A bag of marshmallows could be used for umpteen things. One night mom decided to "roast" marshmallows on the stove top. It was a gas stove, so there was a flame.

I've burnt enough stuff in my life on my electric stove that I knew it put off heat beyond the glowing red.

I wanted roasted marshmallows, like BAD. I now live in the sticks and can build a fire whenever I want to. I didn't want to build a fire for a couple of marshmallows.

I roasted them over the glowing red of my electric stove top.

Totally worth it & a win in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment