Monday, June 9, 2014

R.I.P. Summer Library Program

For years, I took my kids to the Quincy Public Library summer reading program. It kept us busy 3-4 days 1-3 hours at a time. It was great! There would be a free movie with popcorn one afternoon, a craft on another, and Friday mornings always held some sort of live performance. I also carried hefty fines because, I'm terrible at returning books. Seriously, never lend me a book you want back! Had we stayed in Quincy, we may have been able to squeak one more year out of the program. But alas, we moved. The new town has a library smaller than the children's depart of Quincy's. The staff is great, if they don't have a book we want, they get it for us. They do have a reading program, but not near what Quincy has. It makes me sad. I do think the kids miss it (even if they won't admit so).

No comments:

Post a Comment